February 21st, 2012 | Comments Off
Hello from San Francisco!
It’s been so quiet here recently because of all the events, meetings, and business I’ve had to attend to.
My boyfriend and I celebrated Valentine’s day in a low-key way by going to the Smithhouse and watching Hugo. I loved that movie!
Amy, Kevin, Stuntkid, and Amelia came into town. I can’t even begin to describe the amount of crazy random fun we had. We went to Federal Bar, some crazy prop house, Bar Sinister, Cafe Jack, and so many other funny places. I love that we can always find new things to do in Los Angeles!
Then I decided to take an impromptu trip to Sugarpill HQ with Amelia and Val, while stopping by the gorgeous Madonna Inn before powering up to get some Sugarpill and A is for Arsenic work done.
Val and Amelia also had a show at Death Guild in San Francisco, under their DJ duo name ‘Industrial Girl Bike Gang’.
I decided to dress up like Amy and go as her evil twin. In a funny fated twist, Tess and I both arrived with similar makeup too!
I’m going back to LA on Thursday and then we’re all going out for a super fun cheesy time at a special place …with Amelia!
I love that my friends are just as equally nerdy/geeky as I am.
Kevin bought these amazing shirts for Amelia and myself because we’re so hardcore Star Trek fans. This is now our new A is for Arsenic work uniform.
February 15th, 2012 | Comments Off
Today it rained and rained all day in Los Angeles. I used the short break in the storm to do an outfit shoot.
You can see all the outfit details on my lookbook. Remember to hype it if you like it, this could use a few hypes actually.
The rain gave me a chance to finally break out my clear Hello Kitty x Forever21 Mod Raincoat! Since vintage was the name of the game, I also decided to dress the part from head to toe.
Since I began my road down to Dieselpunk Stewardess I’ve become more and more obsessed with playing with vintage looks.
I found most of my outfit at goodwill for an excellent price.
I’ve tried to get better at doing a visible ‘Cat Eye’ on my hooded asian eyelids too. Some days I have a double lid and it’s easy, and some days I don’t.
For those curious about my makeup, I’ve also included this diagram.
I also must apologize for the crazy watermarking. I recently had a string of events where people were taking my images and removing the watermarks on the corners. I had to start making it a bit harder to remove.
February 14th, 2012 | Comments Off
Happy Valentine’s day everyone! I hope you’ve all had a great one so far.
I posted my outfit on lookbook too, so if you like it you should hype it!
I’m off to see Hugo and have dinner soon so I’ll leave you with my minty Gal-entine’s Day outfit.
I found this gorgeous mint motorcycle jacket at goodwill! It was perfect for my Galentine’s day outing so I paired it with my Aidan glasses from ProOpticals.com!
I love being able to wear these with makeup, since they’re semi-rimless and have a thin frame it’s easier to see makeup.
I’m not a huge fan of wearing contacts all day (or night) since my eyes get tired easily.
Mint all around!
I broke out my old Lavender Uniqlo kitten heels that I bought in Osaka back in 2010!
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine’s Day, whether it was solo or duo!
A little diagram to break down my makeup:
I’ll leave you with this gif!
February 10th, 2012 | Comments Off
source: Jeremy Scott
As promised, here is a little DIY tutorial for my FE†ISH T-shirt, inspired by the original Jeremy Scott design.
Though I originally DIY’d my own version of this shirt for my 2NE1 looks, I’ve been wanting to do a DIY based off some Jeremy Scott designs for some time.
He’s an amazingly fun and quirky designer, and I think his work needs more love! Plenty of people online and off have been (very obviously) inspired by his recent work, and I’m one of those people.
Let’s get to it!
What you’ll need?
- Plain black t-shirt, preferably cotton
- White speedball/screen print ink
- X-acto knives & cutting board
- Paint brush
- Printer and a stiff sheet of paper or file folder (You can also iron transfer onto Freezer paper, as suggested by Ceriene! Thanks!)
I. The FE†ISH Logo
- Font type? I used Arial Black. (You can use whatever Sans-serif typeface)
- I adjusted the kerning and the cap height of the characters in illustrator (you can do this in photoshop too). The original shirt has a taller dagger symbol, I preferred mine to be the same.
- After getting the correct look of the type, I printed it out landscape on a sheet a paper.
- Remember to measure the area of the shirt you want to print on, and adjust size as necessary!
II. The FE†ISH Stencil
- I used regular paper, but I suggest using something more rigid!
- Try printing on a file folder. The paint can bleed and warp a thin sheet of paper.
- I carefully cut each letter out leaving only the white sheet.
- Place this stencil down on the area which you will paint over. Secure with tape.
TIP: use double sided tape along the letter edges so the stencil doesn’t lift! Mine lifted a lot so I had to go back in and correct it!
III. Paint Paint Paint!
- Place something thick and flat under your shirt. It will prevent bleeding onto the other side and help hold it in place.
- Use your brush to paint the speedball/screen print ink directly onto the shirt.
- I stretched my shirt a bit on the board to help with potential cracking of the lettering.
- I painted about 4 layers, waiting 10-15min between each layer
- After you’re done building up the layers, it should look something like the above picture.
- Allow the ink to dry completely before pulling off the stencil.
IV. To Crop or Not To Crop?
The original design is a crop tee. However since I started with a full sized t-shirt I decided to cut it up in a more jagged fashion.
I don’t have the best abs (or any definition!) so I tried to do something fun but less revealing for the sake of my soft mid-section.
Other tips? If you’re using a black shirt like mine and mess up, the easiest fix for me was using a black sharpie to correct!
I’ve actually washed this shirt about once, and it’s pretty much stayed in tact. There a bit of cracking lines in the areas that I didn’t fully stretch while painting.
Well there you have it, easy as pie! You can also try other stencils and designs too. I’d love to see what you guys come up with.
February 8th, 2012 | Comments Off
source: DestroyX.com, photo by A. Swiczeniuk
I’m delaying my own blog giveaway to announce that Sugarpill & A is for Arsenic (whom I am affiliated with) is doing a joint Valentine’s Day themed giveaway on Polyvore!
We’re asking contestants to style a dream outfit and makeup look that you might wear on Valentine’s Day if you could wear anything from A is for Arsenic and Sugarpill.
Using Polyvore create a collage of your dream look and you could win the items included in your collage! (items subject to availability/stock).
- Create your dream Valentine’s outfit using Polyvore featuring A is for Arsenic andSugarpill items.
- Follow both @sugarpillmakeup and @a_isforarsenic on twitter
- Share your creation with us on twitter by tweeting both @sugarpillmakeup and @a_isforarsenic with a link to your Polyvore outfit.
Behold! My Black Heart Valentine’s look! @sugarpillmakeup & @a_isforarsenic __LINK HERE__”
Make sure you start getting creative soon because entries will close on February 13, 2012!
A is for Arsenic & Sugarpill will pick their favourite entry and announce the winner here on Valentine’s Day (2/14/12).
Below is my own example!
Infected Love by aisforarsenic featuring A is for Arsenic and Sugarpill Cosmetics
Originally published at NinjaSovereign.Com. Please leave any comments there.
February 2nd, 2012 | Comments Off
I haven’t been lagging on the Regalia, I’ve actually be posting to other sites regularly.
I did post a few shots of my 2NE1 inspired outfits, but I figured I’d give you guys some more along with an outfit I wore to Das Bunker last Friday.
This post is very image heavy so beware!
Also all of my looks and information is posted on my Lookbook.nu so remember to hype it if you like it!
Keep reading →
February 2nd, 2012 | Comments Off
Time for another overdue outfit post! All of the information about the clothes can be found on my Lookbook.nu, remember to hype it if you like it!
I found this dress and belt at goodwill a few weeks ago and decided it might be time to take Dieselpunk Stewardess on a romantic holiday.
I was playing on the romantic and glamorized idea of stewardesses in the 60′s, I decided that this Dieselpunk Stewardess needed a holiday from the usual dystopian war-infested society that is Dieselpunk.
But even when you go on holiday in a Dieselpunk world, you need to the utility in your wear.
Keep reading →